We just wrapped up an exciting week at VMworld 2019 in San Francisco. Many VMware customers, partners, and analysts found the Apstra AOS integration with VMware NSX-T to be very impressive as it accelerates the delivery of business services.
In the August 26th announcement, Nikhil Kelshikar, Vice President of Product Management, Networking and Security at VMware said, “NSX with Apstra AOS enables customers to treat the network infrastructure as code. This helps to accelerate deployments by bridging the gap with the physical underlay, reducing operational costs and simplifying troubleshooting.”
In case you missed some of the activities that we had at the VMworld event, here is a quick summary:
Solutions Exchange Theater
Claire Delcourt, Product Manager, delivered an overview of the Apstra AOS integration with NSX-T, attended by a full house. Claire highlighted the challenges that exist today:
- No visibility into causes of workload performance degradation
- No tight correlation between underlay and overlay
- Lack of validation when changes occur in overlay or underlay
- Multi-vendor environment complicates policy configuration
- Difficulty in maintaining consistency between overlay and underlay
Tech Field Day Extra at VMworld
- Apstra CEO and Founder Mansour Karam delivered an update on the company
- Claire Delcourt, Product Manager delivered an overview of the NSX-T integration and a demo of building a new fabric, VLANs, and NSX-T transport nodes
- Rags Rachamadugu, Head of Advanced Solutions Engineering delivered a demo on extending NSX-T microsegmentation in a heterogeneous environment .
Mansour Karam participated in a panel discussion about “Networking – from automation to operations”.
Finally, there was extensive press coverage of the AOS NSX-T integration announcement. Articles appeared in media outlets including Forbes, SDxCentral, NetworkWorld, Converge Digest, ITWorld and many more.
Join our upcoming webinar on September 10th to learn about how to accelerate NSX-T deployments with Apstra AOS