As a critical member of the Apstra field sales team, you will work closely with Account Managers on technical sales activities for new and existing opportunities. You will develop the technical relationship with customers, understand their business needs, and guide them on how to leverage Apstra AOS to address their requirements.
If you are passionate about technical marketing and technology — and love to be part of a fast-growing, cutting edge, and high energy team – we want to talk to you
Location: Menlo Park, CA (HQ), and remote candidates (Preferred: Central or South East US).
- Creative & Visual Thinker: Make technical concepts compelling and easily understandable by using schematics, diagrams, animations, etc. Must be a strong team player not afraid to present new, creative ideas.
- Versatility: Quickly adapts to changing requirements while communicating impacts and negotiating the next steps. Helps to implement change and thrives on cross-functional collaboration with various teams. Contribute to creating and delivering training classes, conference presentations, and internal knowledge transfers to the field team.
- Drive: “Roll up sleeves and do what it takes” attitude. Self-motivated and comfortable working in a distributed workforce. Hungry for the opportunity to use technology to define new networking paradigms and business opportunities.
- Personable & Outgoing: Comfortable interacting directly with customers with the ability to maintain a pleasant demeanor during early-stage product evaluation, testing, trials, and deployments in labs, proof of concept environments and product deployments. Ability to communicate complex technical topics to a variety of audiences, including C-level and technical decision-makers.
- Hands-On: Have a strong technical background with a desire to be hands-on. Experience with configuration of multiple networking operating systems and virtualized compute resources. Desire to expand hands-on with RESTful APIs and automation tools like Ansible or Postman.
- Presentation Experience: Deliver content clearly, concisely, and without jargon in many forms including live presentation, technical reports, presentation slides, and social media formats. Build, deliver, and maintain customer presentations.
- Competitive Analysis: Analyze competitors’ products, capabilities, and value propositions to identify areas of differentiation to aid in the development of effective competitive strategies and tactics. Develop compelling technical arguments for customers to consider Apstra AOS in addressing their Business/IT requirements.
- Product Demonstrations: You will design and deliver compelling product demos with clear mapping to customer pain and valued requirements. You will maintain and update the official demo, scripts, and video library along with handling demo infrastructure-related logistics.
- Previous experience in technical pre-sales, post-sales, or product management roles (Systems Engineer, Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Network Engineer, Product Manager, Technical Marketing, etc.).
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with data center solution design, implementation, and operations.
- Proficiency in two or more network vendor solutions: Cisco, Arista, Cumulus, Juniper, SONiC, or other disaggregated network OS.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following: ACI, DCNM, NAE, NIR, CloudVision, Contrail, Ansible, NetQ, or BigSwitch.
- Strong understanding and experience with the following technologies: BGP, VXLAN, EVPN, and x86 SDN technologies (NSX, Contrail, Nuage).
- Familiar with the following concepts: open networking, containers and related technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiar with RESTful APIs and automation tools like Ansible and Postman along with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Git, GitHub, GitLab, or BitBucket.
Benefits and Perks
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D
- Discretionary Time off Policy and flexible work time
- Catered lunches (HQ)
- Happy hour every other Friday (HQ)
- Fully stocked drink fridges, snack pantries, and espresso bar (HQ)
- Onsite gym & furnished music room (HQ)
- Distributed workforce friendly