Multidomain Unified Group-Based Policy, Enterprise Cloudification, Advanced NSX and vSphere Integration, and more
AOS 3.1 includes new and enhanced capabilities, making the solution an ideal fit for NSX and most of the demanding environments. New features include:
- Seamless, tight integration with NSX-T – Delivers tighter design, build, and operational integration between the underlying physical network and NSX overlay networks with a solution that liberates customers from being locked into any specific network hardware vendor.
- Group-Based Policy Enhancements – Enables hitless policy update, granular and full visualization of rules including shadow rules, flexible policy hierarchy enforcement and visualization of policy impact on the infrastructure.
- Advanced, Cloud-Scale Intent-Based Analytics and Root Cause Identification – Accelerates troubleshooting with predefined, customize-able probes and enriched view of anomalies with context, and maintains valued historical data during software upgrade.
- Expansion of Enterprise-Class Features – Fortifies network access with the addition of RADIUS and accelerates deployment with device cable mapping discovery and ZTP.
- Expansion of Multi-Vendor, Software First Support Model – In addition to supporting Cisco and Arista NOS management, Cumulus is added as a turnkey solution to minimize traffic disruption and manual steps.
VMware NSX and vSphere Integration
Key updates include:
- Predefined and customizeable probes
- No disruption or data loss to historical data during software upgrade
- Simplified, enriched view of anomalies
VMware NSX Integration
- Automation – AOS automates and enables consistent network and security policy for physical and virtual workloads across the physical and virtual/NSX infrastructure. As a result, businesses are more agile and IT is able to respond faster to business needs.
- Hardware Agnostic – AOS integrates with any networking hardware vendor enabling NSX to deliver consistent service-intent across the entire infrastructure. It enables businesses the flexibility to deploy an infrastructure of their choice that meets their budget and requirements without being locked-in into one vendor.
- Visibility and auto-remediation – AOS bridges the visibility gaps in physical and logical connections between the overlay and underlay networks enabling faster root-cause analysis thanks to precise anomalies identification. In situations where there are performance degradation, intermittent services or possible maintenance on leaf switches, AOS enables network team to quickly take appropriate actions ensuring virtual services are not impacted.
- Closed-loop system – AOS goes beyond automation in delivering a full integrity and continuous validation into the service-intent policy defined by NSX eliminating complex troubleshooting procedures. Businesses are able to accelerate resolutions thus increasing application availability.
Group-Based Policy Enhancements *
Multidomain Unified Group-Based Policy provides a simple user interface and API that delivers end to end policy deployments, rendered in the vendor-specific syntax and methods automatically without requiring the user to know how or where the policy must be implemented. This intent-derived logic is unique to Apstra and frees IT from the complexities of ACL syntax, enforcement locations, and multitenant communication policies.
Cabling/Neighbor Discovery & Override *
ZTP Reference Implementation *
Apstra Professional Services organization provides customization and integration services to meet particular customer ZTP requirements and constraints.
5 Stage Clos Enhancements
Enhanced Visualization and Telemetry Management
- Complex pattern analysis with configurable anomalies for “situations to watch”
- Data normalization, processing, and summarization
- Simple and dynamic data selection based on intent, device roles, and system design
- Integrated and customizable visualizations for path analysis, bar charts, heat maps, and more
- Flexible drag-and-drop widgets within dashboards
- Custom telemetry collectors with the AOS Python SDK and simple packaging with AOS-CLI.